Nowadays, bicycles designed for narrow or crowded streets are available for everyone, and one of those bikes is the Vilano Chromoly Fixed Gear Single Speed Road Bike. It’s one of the most reliable choices for anyone who wants to enjoy the fresh air when going to work, going shopping or running errands.
Main features of this bicycle
- Wheel set – They’re double-walled for extra toughness, and the rear wheel has a flip-flop hub design for switching between fixed-gear and single-speed modes;
- Fork – Made of chromed steel;
- Frame- Also made of chromed steel;
- Saddle – Cionlli;
- Handlebar – Tec9 Alloy Bullhorn, white with eggshell tape;
- Brakes – Promax, front and rear;
- Rims – 43 millimeters and double-walled with CNC-machined sides;
- Seat post – Made of alloy;
- Hubs – Hi-Flange alloy, rear flip-flop with cog and freewheel included;
- Weight – 22 pounds.
Most Important Advantages of the Vilano Chromoly Fixed Gear Single Speed Road Bike
- Steadiness – When you’re riding in a big city, steadiness is very important. That’s why this model’s designers took into consideration the obstacles a rider would have to face along the way and the need to change direction constantly.
- Acceleration – When the pavement is open ahead of you, you want to take advantage of it (and sometimes you have to speed up quickly to avoid an accident), this bike allows you to do just that.
- Strong grip – No one wants to lose control of their bike and fall in the middle of the street. Special care was taken in designing the handlebars, to prevent the kind accidents that can be caused by inferior grip.
- Light – When you’re riding in crowded streets, you want a lightweight bike, and that’s exactly what you’re getting in this model. At 22 pounds, you won’t even feel it while you’re finding your way in the city.
- Design – The Vilano Chromoly Fixed Gear Single Speed Road Bike is available in four color combinations: blue frame with red rims, cream frame with orange rims, yellow frame with black rims and grey frame with orange rims.
The Disadvantages of This Bike
There are no important drawbacks when it comes to this model. Some reviewers have thought it was a little bit fragile, but that may only be because of its lightweight design. In either case, it’s designed for use on smooth asphalt streets, so it doesn’t need the sturdiness of the heavier models.
User Feedback on the Vilano Chromoly Fixed Gear Single Speed Road Bike
Most customers’ reviews are positive, written by people who bought the bike for someone close or used it to commute to work or to school. It’s reported to perform great even over longer distances and in heavy downtown traffic. Customers really appreciated its light weight and its steadiness. Read more reviews here.
Going by both user feedback and technical details, the Vilano Chromoly Fixed Gear Single Speed Road Bike looks to be one of the most practical and reliable models available on the market.
Where To Buy