The New Balance Men’s MT20v1 Trail Minimus Shoes are a brilliant buy if you do lots of off-road running and want to try the minimalist approach. They are breathable, light, durable and combine a Vibram outsole with a fitted, synthetic and mesh upper design for a close to barefoot experience. The shoes come in a range of sizes (from size 7 to size 13) and a choice of five different colors; Black/Grey, Black/Silver, Grey/Green, Grey/Red and Orange/Black.
- Anti-microbial treatment on the footbed.
- Constructed from mesh and synthetic material.
- Acteva rubber midsole.
- Vibram rubber outsole.
1) Good For Your Feet, Legs & Ankles:- One of the main reasons for buying the New Balance Men’s MT20v1 Trail Minimus Shoes is for the benefits that minimalist shoes have over regular running shoes. Studies have shown that wearing minimalist or barefoot running shoes can prevent ankle sprains and reduce the symptoms of chronic foot injuries and other foot problems such as plantar fasciitis. They can also boost your agility, improve your balance (which indirectly reduces your chances of other running related injuries) and enhance blood circulation in your legs and feet. If you have problems with your feet or simply want to improve the health of your lower body, the New Balance Men’s MT20v1 Trail Minimus Shoes are a great purchase to get you started.
2) Lightweight:- Another thing you will notice with the New Balance Men’s MT20v1 Trail Minimus Shoes is that they are a lot lighter than regular running shoes. They are also one of the lightest minimalist running shoes on the market. Lighter running shoes allow you to run faster and tire less easily, so if you are clocking up lots of miles, this is a big benefit.
3) Sturdy:- Although the New Balance Men’s MT20v1 Trail Minimus Shoes have a minimalist, almost barefoot design, they are still very sturdy and provide you with support where you need it. While they don’t provide the same level of support as a standard running shoe design, they provide more support than a full barefoot design which makes them a great choice if you are looking to gently transition into the world of barefoot running.
1) Large Heel:- The main drawback of the New Balance Men’s MT20v1 Trail Minimus Shoes is the design of the heel. In most areas, these shoes are very close to the feel of full barefoot running shoes but the large 4mm heel is like the heel you would find on a standard running shoe. While the heel’s not uncomfortable, it is odd and seems out of place.
The New Balance Men’s MT20v1 Trail Minimus Shoes are a great way to try out barefoot running while still keeping some of the support offered by regular running shoes. The extra stability really helps you to adjust to the concept and style of barefoot running while still enjoying all its benefits.
A smaller heel would have made the shoes even better but once you get used to running barefoot style and planting your feet further forward, it becomes much less of an issue. If you’ve never tried barefoot running before then these New Balance Men’s MT20v1 Trail Minimus Shoes are a great introductory purchase which you can use to ease yourself in before upgrading to a full barefoot design. Read more reviews here.
Where To Buy